Monday, March 29, 2010

Amelie



It's pretty obvious that I usually stick to old films; I hardly ever watch anything made after 1975. But for years I've been hearing so much about Amelie, and it seems to be a favorite among people who enjoy the same things I do... so I finally gave it a try last night. And....

I adore it! What a sweet movie! I can completely understand why everyone loves it so much! It's beautifully filmed and has so many quirky touches (the traveling gnome and the chalk arrows were two of my favorite parts) that I think it might be my favorite new film. Not new favorite film, favorite post-1975 film. I love how the movie focuses on strange personality ticks that you know all of us have but we don't really talk about... like the joy that comes with emptying out your purse, reorganizing everything and putting it back inside.