Friday, July 6, 2012

4 ways to use business cards



Business cards are so inexpensive, I'm always trying to think of new ways to use them for my shop! I buy mine from vistaprint, and I always go through ebates first. They usually have some kind of discount (I think I got 25% off and free shipping last time I ordered) plus you get cash back since it's ebates!



1. If you have an art shop, like me, I love the idea of doing a full-bleed art piece on the front of your business card, with your contact information on the back. This way your customer gets an extra piece of artwork with their order! I like to think that this increases my repeat sales a bit. While a regular business card might get tossed in the trash or hidden in a junk drawer, these are more likely to get tacked up on a bulletin board or the fridge!



2. I include a coupon business card in every order, too. I used to print these myself but they always came out a little sloppy since I was printing & cutting them myself on regular card stock from Staples. These are sturdy cards with professional printing and sharp edges. And since I buy them in large quantities, I don't have to worry about running out all the time while I'm in the middle of packing orders (which used to happen constantly when I printed them at home!)

ps. the font I used for "thank you" is hand-drawn & available in my shop here! ;)



3. Did you know that business cards are the perfect size for custom jewelry cards?! I trim about 1/4" off the bottom of mine so they'll fit neatly in these bags. My mom uses business cards as the jewelry cards for her earrings, too!



4. And they're perfect for marketing other products! My custom bridesmaid cards are one of my biggest sellers, but the matching pendants aren't ranked as highly in the etsy/google searches yet, and they tend to go unnoticed. So I include these in my bridesmaid card orders, letting customers know that they have the option of getting matching pendants for their bridesmaids-to-be!

ps. Here's one more fun way to use business cards! :)