Monday, July 23, 2012

it's still me



Last week as part of my grandmom's birthday celebrations we went to Grounds for Sculpture. It's a natural park/sculpture garden, and it's absolutely beautiful! The last time we were there I was about 10 years old and admission was still free (the fact that they charge now is probably why we haven't been back in so long lol) The highlights for me were the gorgeous gardens (some of them felt positively Alice-in-Wonderland-esque!) and the life-size sculptures of impressionist paintings by J. Seward Johnson (who also founded the park). It was like stepping into a Renoir!

It was sweltering hot, so I had my bangs pinned back and took this rare opportunity to wear shorts (although I still wore tights, but they had a really loose weave so it made me feel more covered-up without being overheated.) I didn't feel like me, I'm so used to wearing dresses lol! But it was a nice change for a day ;)






Me and my grandmom pretending to have a dinner party... it's actually a sculpture! Even the tablecloth is made of bronze (something I forgot momentarily and banged my knee! oops)




Shirt - f21 | Shorts - emerging thoughts | Shoes - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - modcloth | headband and belt - f21 | tights - target | sunglasses - asos