Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Birds



Last night my family and I went to see The Birds on the big screen! Naturally I dressed for the occasion ;) I wore a bird print dress, a bird necklace and a black bird in my hair!

The Birds is one of my favorite Hitchcock films, and (in my opinion) his scariest. It's always creeped me out when I watched it at home but it really scared me at the movies! I didn't expect to get so caught up in it! I actually cried during one scene. And towards the end when the birds were attacking the house, I accidentally spilled my popcorn in my lap and it startled me so much that I literally jumped in my seat! My mom and brother made fun of me all night after that ;p

I don't go to the movies very often since I prefer classic films to newer ones (and then there's also the whole issue of the outrageously expensive ticket fare... yikes!) but the few times I've gone in the last few years I've been pretty disappointed. The audience always seems to laugh at things that aren't supposed to be funny, and in general they're just a lot louder than I expect movie audiences to be. But last night was perfect! During most of the scenes you could probably hear a pin drop, everyone was so quiet. It really allowed me to enjoy the movie and get swept up in the story as opposed to being super conscious of everyone around me.

Overall it was just an exceptional experience! Did anyone else go? They're re-releasing ET, Lawrence of Arabia, Frankenstein and To Kill a Mockingbird for one night showings this fall, as well. If I can swing it, I'd love to see Lawrence of Arabia.... Peter O'Toole on the big screen? yum.

ps. I just realized looking at these pictures that the wind blew some of my hair straight up like Alfalfa. lol!

 



Dress - modcloth | Shoes - asos | Tights - c/o romwe
Necklace - modcloth | Bird - craft store