Monday, October 19, 2015

unraveled



This was one of those outfits that looked SO GOOD when I got dressed and looked in the mirror, but then when I took pictures of it I thought I looked really crummy. Honestly if I could only see myself in mirrors instead of on camera I'd have much higher self esteem. I mean, sometimes I'm checking myself out in a public bathroom and I'm like "you know what, you look pretty darn great today, Kate!" and then I have a little extra skip in my step the rest of the day. When I get dressed in the morning I tend to think I look put-together and not half bad. But show me a picture and all of my self-confidence comes unraveled.

Is talking about bras TMI? Because I think that was my issue with this outfit. Is talking about letting your laundry pile up for way too long TMI? Because that's why I didn't have any good clean nude bras to wear with this shirt. I had to wear an old one that has zero support and paired with a higher neck that just doesn't create the most flattering figure. UGH. Maybe I should just do my laundry once in a while.

I didn't mean for this to be a super embarrassing post but what can I say, I open my mouth (or fingers? because I'm typing?) and embarrassment comes pouring out. Anyway, there is ONE photo from this batch that I am super smitten with and it includes a fluffy little furball who has never taken a bad picture in her life.




shirt - miss patina | skirt - f21 | bow - asos | shoes - don't remember